Learn With the Wenatchee River Institute Through a Plant ID Mini-series!
- Episode 1 Serviceberry
- Episode 2 Arrowleaf Balsamroot
- Episode 3 Non-Plant Special: Morel Mushrooms
- Episode 4 Red Osier Dogwood
- Episode 5: Yarrow
- Episode 6: Broadleaf Lupine
- Episode 7: Thimbleberry
- Episode 8: Big Sagebrush
- Episode 9: Antelope Bitterbrush
- Episode 10: Blue Elderberry
- Episode 11: Ocean-spray
- Episode 12: Phantom Orchid
- Episode 13: Mock Orange
- Episode 14: Western Red Cedar
- Episode 15: Goldenrod
- Episode 16: Snowberry
- Episode 17: Quaking Aspen
- Episode 18: Bracken Fern
- Episode 19: Mullein
- Episode 20: Chanterelle Mushrooms
Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board: Seeing Salmon- Learn about our local salmon species and see which species are swimming and/or spawning in the river based on the month.
Community Science Projects:
YouTube Series to Follow:
Documentaries to Watch:
- Plastic Wars: With the plastic industry expanding like never before and the crisis of ocean pollution growing, FRONTLINE and NPR investigate the fight over the future of plastics.
- Night on Earth: When the sun goes down, a new world awakes. New technology reveals wonders of the planet in a completely new light.
- Cowspiracy: uncovering the most destructive industry facing the planet today – and investigating why the world’s leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it.
- 2040: an optimistic approach that shows how embracing solutions already available to us, and shifting them into the mainstream, can help combat climate change and improve our planet for future generations.
- Wild and Scenic Films for Social Distancing: All across the globe humans are feeling the impacts of COVID-19 and the social distancing and time at home that come with it. With this in mind, they couldn’t think of a better time to share some past Wild & Scenic Official Selections with you. They plan to put a new film up every few days so be sure to check back often.
- San Diego Zoo cameras (including polar bears, burrowing owls, koalas, and more!)
- San Francisco Bay Ospreys camera
- Monterey Bay Aquarium cameras
- Panda Cam
- Houston Zoo
- Georgia Aquarium -- Beluga Whale Web Cam
- Grizzly Bears
- Nesting Puffins
- Kelp Forest - Channel Islands National Park
Apps to Use:
- Merlin bird ID
- Sky View
- National Wildlife Federation- NEW!
Check out these neat projects happening in our region!
- Wenatchee Naturalist Blog - Curious about local flora and fauna in the Wenatchee Foothills? Read this blog to learn about native plants, long toed salamanders, backyard birding and more!
- Geology Q&A Live Stream with Nick Zentner, Local Geologist at Central Washington University
- Wenatchee-Entiat Beaver Project
- I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East Project - It's more than you think!
- Pictures: Animals using the under and overpasses
- Cascade Crossroads Movie