Middle & High School Focused
LEARN WITH WENATCHEE RIVER INSTITUTE STAFF THROUGH THESE VIDEO LESSONS!
- Science of Wildfires
- Coyote Eats the Sun
- Masters of Disguise & Display
- All About Birds!
- Rockin' Out in North Central Washington
- Ecosystems of Leavenworth & Wenatchee
- What is a Naturalist?
You can also access these video lessons on our Google Classroom (code 5ar3pc7). Here, you can post what you observed, questions that arose, or pages from your nature journal.
Plant ID Mini-Series: Learn how to identify these plants with us. Then go find them in your backyard or neighborhood!
- Episode 1: Serviceberry
- Episode 2: Arrowleaf Balsamroot
- Episode 3: Non-Plant Special-Morel Mushrooms
- Episode 4: Red Osier Dogwood
- Episode 5: Yarrow
- Episode 6: Broadleaf Lupine
- Episode 7: Thimbleberry
- Episode 8: Big Sagebrush
- Episode 9: Antelope Bitterbrush
- Episode 10: Blue Elderberry
- Episode 11: Ocean-spray
- Episode 12: Phantom Orchid
- Episode 13: Mock Orange
- Episode 14: Western Red Cedar
- Episode 15: Goldenrod
- Episode 16: Snowberry
- Episode 17: Quaking Aspen
- Episode 18: Bracken Fern
- Episode 19: Mullein
- Episode 20: Chanterelle Mushrooms
Virtual Learning Pages:
- Wenatchee Naturalist Blog - Curious about local flora and fauna in the Wenatchee Foothills? Read this blog to learn about native plants, long toed salamanders, backyard birding and more!
- NASA for Students in 5th-8th Grades
- NASA STEM Resources for 9-12th Grades
- Exploratorium’s Virtual Classroom:the Exploratorium is a museum of science, technology, and arts in San Francisco. Its mission is to create inquiry-based experiences that transform learning worldwide.
- Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board: Seeing Salmon- Learn about our local salmon species and see which species are swimming and/or spawning in the river based on the month.
- All About Birds
- NOAA Science Activities
- Skype a Scientist
- ArcGIS Storymaps
- Nature Vision
- At-Home Environmental Education Curriculum
- Geology Q&A Live Stream with Nick Zentner, Local Geologist at Central Washington University
- Youth Climate Change Stories
- The Secret Language of Trees
- Why Certain Naturally Occurring Wildfires Are Necessary
- Iridophore - Wenatchee-based aspiring Herpetologist's YouTube Channel.
- San Diego Zoo Cameras (including polar bears, burrowing owls, koalas, and more!)
- San Francisco Bay Ospreys Camera
- Monterey Bay Aquarium cameras
- Panda Cam
- Houston Zoo
- Georgia Aquarium -- Beluga Whale Web Cam
- Grizzly Bears
- Nesting Puffins
- Kelp Forest - Channel Islands National Park
STEM Games and Projects:
- Titlemax Engineering Games and Projects (Thanks Lizabeth :) )