Middle & High School Focused
LEARN WITH WENATCHEE RIVER INSTITUTE STAFF THROUGH THESE VIDEO LESSONS!
- Coyote Eats the Sun
- Masters of Disguise & Display
- All About Birds!
- Rockin' Out in North Central Washington
- Ecosystems of Leavenworth & Wenatchee
- What is a Naturalist?
You can also access these video lessons on our Google Classroom (code 5ar3pc7). Here, you can post what you observed, questions that arose, or pages from your nature journal.
Plant ID Mini-Series: Learn how to identify these plants with us. Then go find them in your backyard or neighborhood!
- Episode 1: Serviceberry
- Episode 2: Arrowleaf Balsamroot
- Episode 3: Non-Plant Special-Morel Mushrooms
- Episode 4: Red Osier Dogwood
- Episode 5: Yarrow
- Episode 6: Broadleaf Lupine
Virtual Learning Pages:
- Wenatchee Naturalist Blog - Curious about local flora and fauna in the Wenatchee Foothills? Read this blog to learn about native plants, long toed salamanders, backyard birding and more!
- NASA for Students in 5th-8th Grades
- NASA STEM Resources for 9-12th Grades
- Exploratorium’s Virtual Classroom:the Exploratorium is a museum of science, technology, and arts in San Francisco. Its mission is to create inquiry-based experiences that transform learning worldwide.
- All About Birds
- NOAA Science Activities
- Skype a Scientist
- ArcGIS Storymaps
- Nature Vision
- At-Home Environmental Education Curriculum
- Geology Q&A Live Stream with Nick Zentner, Local Geologist at Central Washington University
- Youth Climate Change Stories
- The Secret Language of Trees
- Why Certain Naturally Occurring Wildfires Are Necessary
- Iridophore - Wenatchee-based aspiring Herpetologist's YouTube Channel.
- San Diego Zoo Cameras (including polar bears, burrowing owls, koalas, and more!)
- San Francisco Bay Ospreys Camera
- Monterey Bay Aquarium cameras
- Panda Cam
- Houston Zoo
- Georgia Aquarium -- Beluga Whale Web Cam
- Grizzly Bears
- Nesting Puffins
- Kelp Forest - Channel Islands National Park